The Old Quarter Tour
Free Hanoi Old quarter Tour with locals buddy from
Itinerary of a Hanoi Old quarter Tour with Hanoi e.Buddies
* Hanoi Old quarter is a very bustling and crowded business trading area located in the north-west of Hoan Kiem Lake. It is also known as “Hanoi 36 streets and guild”. In the past, there used to have 36 different streets and each of them was named after the kind of product sold in that street. As the time passed by, only some streets remained selling the same product. For example, you can find women accessories and jewelries in Hang Bac street, candies and dry apricot in Hang Duong street, medicinal herb in Thuoc Bac street, bamboo products in Hang Buom street,…
* The Old quarter has witnessed all the ups and downs through the two severe and lengthy war and the recovery period after the war in the capital of Vietnam. It was in 2010 when Hanoi celebrated its Millennium anniversary that the Old Quarter turned 1000 years old.
* Together with the diversified trading activities and the long history, the Old quarter attracts its visitors by the unique and featured architectural house design. All the houses here are narrow and long which is called “tube house”. This design creates those narrow alleys. Along with the net of wards and lanes within the Old quarter, the streets looks like a maze and make it so difficult to remember the map. Nowadays, the pace of life in the Old quarter is harmonized between the slow, traditional pace inside those ancient house, stores and daily habits and the hectic, modern pace outside.
* If you still wonder where to go in Hanoi, then Hanoi Old quarter is surely a must-go destination and we will surely offer you a must-go Old quarter tour with Hanoi e.Buddies. Here we go:
* Our buddy will come to pick you up at the hotel lobby and start the Old quarter tour from there. The itinerary will often cover those sites following:
– St. Joseph Cathedral (the Big Church): the oldest and biggest church in Hanoi. It is one of the first structure built by French colonial government and follows the Gothic Revival design. Let’s come there and have a photo with another version of the Notre Dame de Paris in Hanoi.
– Hoan Kiem lake: the lake with a story attached to it is an evidence of the one thousand-year history of Hanoi. There are also other places to visit namely Ngoc Son temple, The Huc bridge, Pen Tower,…
– Ancient house at No. 87 Ma May street: any of your wonders about the featured house design in the Old quarter will be shown here. The narrow and long house technically make you feel a narrow and tight space but the fact is not, there is still space for trading activities, garden for air ventilation, and enough living space for a whole family.
– Bach Ma temple: the sacred and spiritual space emerging in the busy atmosphere of the Old quarter. This temple, together with three other protectors, is considered as the “Eastern protector” of Hanoi.
– Ta Hien street (beer street): this street is where you can enjoy the hectic nightlife of Hanoi. It is so incredible to have a fresh beer brew with your buddy to truly live a nightlife in the Old quarter
– Hang Dau Water tank: this place will surely make you confused whether its name is correct because it looks like an “police station” or ancient “arena” at the first sight.
– Weekend night market: starting from Hang Dao street and running north to the edge of Dong Xuan market, this night market offers you a lot of kind of products, you can have a look at clothe stalls, souvenir stalls or Hanoi street food from the food vendors
– Dong Xuan market: the largest market of Hanoi where the wholesale traders sell everything from clothes, household goods to foodstuffs.
– Hanoi street train: a place which attracts a lot of tourists to go there and take picture with a really unique rail track. Just take a seat at any coffee shops alongside the rail track and have a brand new experience when the distance between you and the track is only about 1 meter.
– During the tour, our buddy will take you to taste the truly local dish of Hanoi in the truly local food store. Many dishes that you can try such as “pho”, “bun cha” (noodle with grilled pork), rolling cake, spring rolls, egg coffee, yoghurt with mixed fresh fruit,…
BOOK TOUR NOW